Many people have reported that they get an error saying “Installation has failed” while they are installing Discord on Windows 10. If you are having the same error, or you fail to install Discord, you do not worry about that. There are some ways that you can do to fix it.
You have to know that Discord may run into various issues and most of them have something to do with the corrupted files. However, Windows 10 updates have been known to interfere with the new programs that you add to your PCs. In this case, the update files may come in conflict with internal Discord. When, you try to remove and reinstall the app, you may see the error message.
Well, in this article, we are going to inform you how to fix Discord install issues in Windows 10. After reading this entire article and following our instructions, you should be able to add and use Discord without having issues.
First Method: Removing Discord from Your PC
- The first step that you have to do to remove Discord from your PC is press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard. To do it should launch the Task Manager.
- Then, you have to ensure that you are on the Processes tab, and please look for any entry associated with Discord.
- After that, you are able to select any Discord-related processes, then click End Task.
- The next step that you have to do is exit Task Manager.
- Then, you are able to go to your taskbar, and click the Search icon.
- In this step, you need to type “Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Now, you have to click Uninstall a Program under the Programs category.
- The last, just click at Right-click Discord and then select Uninstall.
- Finally, you are able to reinstall Discord.
Second Method: Removing Discord Leftover Files
On your keyboard, you have to launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key+R.
When the Run dialog box is up, type “%appdata%”, then you are able to click OK.
Now, you have to delete the %LocalAppData%/Discord and %AppData%/Discord folders if you see them.
In this step, you are able to restart your PC.
After you have followed the steps above, so you can try reinstall Discord.
If you are still having Discord installation problems, so you are able to try to recall if you recently added any Windows updates. If so, you have to try removing the most recent update package to prevent it from interfering with Discord.
- At the first step, you have to press Windows Key+I on your keyboard for launching the Settings app.
- The second step, you have to select Update and Security, then click Windows Update on the left pane.
- After that, you are able to move to the right pane and click View Update History.
- Now, you need to click Uninstall an Update.
- On the new window, please look for the recent updates that you installed, and then right-click them, and choose Uninstall.
- After you have removed the Windows update, so you can try reinstalling Discord.