Adding a fog in your place will give your place look scenic. You may often watch anime and usually when it shoots a village near mountain, there will be fog and it looks cool, right? Do you want your place as cool as it? In Roblox, you can.
Before we explain about how to add fog in Roblox, let’s find out what fog is. The definition of fog is a collection of liquid water droplets or ice crystals which are suspended in the air at or near the surface of the Earth. If you want to add or make fog in Roblox, you are able to simulate fog through Properties and it can be found in Lighting section. Do you need complete steps? We provide it in the next paragraph.
If you want to add fog in Roblox, it is very easy. Follow the steps which are easy below.
- First, you have to open your place in Roblox Studio.
- After that, in the Explorer Pane, you have to select the Lighting service.
- Then, you have to adjust the fog properties and there are 3, to see something all you need to do is set FogEnd to 100 and now you have a ton of fog.
In the properties section, you will find several options. It is important for you to know the functions of tools in the properties so that you will know how to use it. So, what are they?
- FogColor is the color of the fog. If you wish to get best results, you need to use light grey or the background color of your skybox.
- FogEnd is the distance at which the scene is 100% fogged.
- FogStart is the distance at which the fog starts. Inside this distance, you will not see fog.
Okay, after you know the functions of the tools in the properties, now you have to note some tips about fog in Roblox so that you will be able to make or add perfect fog. First, fog on Roblox can look better if you have the sky the similar color as the fog itself. Second, fog is able to make your place an adventure, especially in first-person. Third, if a solid black fog is made by you, the solid black fog will make your place seem like dark night. So, before you make or add fog to your Roblox place, make sure that you consider these tips to make the fog in your place look good.
On December 9th, 2011, fog was added to Roblox and the purpose of adding fog is to emulate real-life fog, to make games seem more realistic and scenic. The color and distance of the fog are able to be modified in the Lighting service. After that, fog was added for player with their graphics quality set to 7 and it happened on January 7th, 2015. Unfortunately, this feature was criticized with one reason being that official fog had ruined scripted fog. So, there are a lot of Roblox players who had asked to Roblox in the forum to add a feature to make fog optional instead of mandatory. Then, Roblox give a response to these protests by removing the feature.