Sometime, you need to uninstall Discord because there is something wrong with it. So, how do you do to uninstall Discord? Actually, it is easy for you to uninstall Discord. Keep read this entire article to get its way.
Discord is a software that was developed by Hammer and Chisel, it provides communicating services for the users and allow them communicate online via text, image, video and audio. It is usually installed in “C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Discord” by default. You are able to select to uninstall Discord via Windows’ Control Panel, or you can also take a third party uninstaller. But, before you start the Discord removal, there are several common removing issues and errors that you should pay attention to.
The common problems to uninstall Discord:
- Automatically Discord starts up, although only just removed all of its files, folders and registry keys.
- You cannot find Discord on the programs list of Windows uninstaller.
- Associated files and the extensions of the program still show up on web browser after uninstalling it.
- You cannot move Discord to Recycle Bin
Well, the text above is a list of common problems to uninstall Discord. For avoiding those potential problems during the removal of Discord, so you have to take a proper way with complete steps to get rid of this Discord. Here are specific guides that you are able to uninstall Discord.
Step 1: Stop the program running on the PC.
- Firstly, you need to close Discord’s window and stop running it on your computer.
- Then, you are able to right-click on the task bar, and select Task Manager.
- After that, you need to check all of running processes at the background, and please ensure that Discord’s associated process has been disabled.
Step 2: disable Discord from the computer’s start-up items.
- Firstly, you need to stay on Task Manager, and go to Startup tap.
- After that, you have to select Discord on the list.
- Then, you are able to click on Disable button.
Step 3: Uninstall Discord via Windows’ Control Panel.
- Please right-click on the Windows button, and then select Programs and Features.
- After that, you have to find Discord on the list, and highlight it.
- Please click on the Uninstall to start the removal of Discord.
- Discord removing process is going to start at the background, you are able to wait for a while until the app’s name disappears from the programs list.
- Afterwards, you are able to reboot the computer and enter the desktop again.
- Please type “regedit” in the task bar’s search box, and then click to open it.
- Please unfold all the registry group and delete the registry keys that belonging to Discord.
- Now, you are able to open web browser on your PC, disable and remove Discord’s extensions from the Settings.
- Once finish, you will be able to completely uninstall Discord on your computer.
Well, the text above is an explanation about how to uninstall Discord. We hope you are able to follow its way step by step correctly once you are removing Discord on your computer.